|Imported beer at restaurant||$5.01|
|Utilities (Electricity, Heating, ...) for medium apartment||$225.39|
|Cinema, international release, 1 seat||$17.82|
|1 Pair of Nike shoes||$94.67|
|Loaf of white bread||$3.34|
|Milk (1 liter)||$2.00|
Yverdon-les-Bains is a municipality that is located at the heart of a spectacular natural setting which comprises Jura Mountains, Broye hills, Orbe plains and Lake Neuchâtel in the canton of Vaud. This is the second most important town in the area. Apart from being an important regional centre for commerce, it is one of the most popular tourist spots, well-known for its thermal springs. If you are a lover of history, get yourself cheap flights to Yverdon-les-Bains.
A marvelous piece of historical structure in Yverdon-les-Bains is the Yverdon Castle. The castle was designed by Jacques de Saint-Georges and displays the geometric features of castles that were built in the plains. Until 1536, the castle used to be the residence of the Savoy dynasty, followed by the Bern state’s bailiffs. Département du Léman became the owner of the castle in 1798. The castle was then acquired by Yverdon for handing it over to Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi. However, today, the structure serves as a multi-purpose cultural centre, having a theater, museum, conference rooms and library.
The science fiction museum is also a reason for you to book cheap flights to Yverdon-les-Bains. Located near the castle, this museum consists of a whole range of Utopian fantasy, starting from comics, books, magazines, pictures, video-tapes, games and films. The museum is said to have originated from the collection of Pierre Versin.
The Town Hall, another attraction in Yverdon, was built by Burnand between 1768 and 1773. It was built at the former covered market. The building houses beautiful decorations, furniture, panels, faience stoves, paintings and wainscots. Most of the exhibitions are held at the vaults in the ancient granary.
There is a beautiful Protestant church that was designed by Billion, an architect from Geneva. The structure was erected at the site of the 14th century’s Notre-Dame chapel. Its spire was reconstructed in 1608 on the base of the previous one. It has fourteen stalls with figures of prophets and apostles, which originate from the old chapel and are attributed to Claude de Peney who had served at Hauterive and Fribourg. The organ was built by a French man called Potier in the year 1766.